We have outlined key information for you to follow if you are unfortunately involved in a road traffic accident.
At a Glance
- Remain calm
- Get to a safe place
- Check for injuries
- Administer First Aid
- Call police/ambulance
What to do immediately after a car accident
- Never drive away from the scene of an accident, even a minor one.
- Stop the car as soon as you can, switch off the engine.
- Turn your hazard lights on.
- Check yourself and then your passengers for any injuries.
- Check that there are no injuries to anyone else involved in the incident.
- Get passengers to a safe place,
- Dial 999 to call an ambulance if anyone is injured and administer First Aid.
- Call the police if the road is blocked, or you believe drink or drugs are involved. You must report the accident to the police within 24 hours. You can do this by calling 101, the police non-emergency number.
- Put on high visibility vests, secure the accident scene, set out warning triangle, assist the flow of traffic.
- Exchange details with anyone involved - name, address, car registration number. Use the Auto Accident Report Form provided in your document folder to record all the details.
- Don't apologise or admit fault - this verbal statement could be used against you when making a compensation claim and ultimately invalidate your claim.
- When the police come, cooperate and tell them what you know, they will assist in the recovery of the vehicles involved.
Need Help? - If you have any questions or would like more information please send us a message using our contact form or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Campervan hire prices
Rates include motor insurance and 24 hour roadside assistance.
We will give you a quick response to confirm your dates are available.
Complete your booking
Complete your reservation online using our easy to follow booking process.
Specification & Features
Purpose built for touring holidays Minty has everything you need.
We include a lot of additional extras to tick all the boxes.
This is the grown up stuff that you need to pay attention to.