Campervan Operational Guide
We have created these guidelines to assist you in the safe use of the campervan. The guidelines below are an extract of a more comprehensive manual which you will be sent and which is provided in the campervan.
The operational guide will be a document you can refer back to and full instructions are provided at the beginning of the hire. We will show you how to drive the camper and how to operate the cooker, sink, fridge, roof, camping gas, water storage and other accessories. We will ensure you are aware of the location of safety equipment such as the fire blanket warning triangle, first aid kit, carbon monoxide detector and fire extinguisher.
Forward - Minty is an updated version of the much older VW T2. It has a modern engine and breaking system and many improvements on the original T2. That said, the driving experience remains largely unchanged and is very different to driving a modern car. The following guidelines should be observed:
- Only use 95 unleaded fuel
- Never drive under restricted heights below 2.2m high
- Never drive with the roof extended and always strap the roof down before driving
- Before starting to drive the van, always ensure the electrical supply is disconnected
- Never leave the keys in the ignition or vehicle whilst unoccupied
- Before driving away ensure the rear mounted spare wheel is properly secured by the retaining bolt!
- Always fully release handbrake before driving away by twisting the handbrake and keeping twisted while pushing towards the dashboard.
- Do not change down from second gear to first gear while the vehicle is moving. Only change into first gear when the vehicle has stopped.
- Minty doesn’t have ‘Power Steering’ and you will need to drive extra cautiously while becoming familiar with its operation. Turning the steering wheel while stationary can be particularly arduous, so whenever possible complete turns while the vehicle is moving, even creeping along will greatly assist.
- Taking corners at speed or turning tightly can affect the stability of the vehicle due to the high center of gravity. Take extra care and slow down approaching corners roundabouts and turns in the road.
- Pass over speed bumps slowly and generally keep your speed down.
- WARNING: The campervan is a small enclosed space and must be adequately ventilated when occupied. Ensure there is enough change in air from using the roof vent and side window vents. This is particularly important when using the gas appliances or sleeping in the campervan overnight.
- WARNING: Do not run the engine to keep warm while the vehicle is static as this can build up dangerous levels of Carbon Monoxide.
- WARNING: Do not use the gas rings as a heat source as this can build up dangerous levels of Carbon Monoxide.
- WARNING: Should you suspect Carbon Monoxide may be affecting you or your family, open the doors and windows to ventilate, turn off the appliances and evacuate.
- WARNING: Do not overfill the petrol tank as this can lead to the strong smell of petrol from the tank vents. We advise you to plan your fuel stops. Fill up at the beginning of your drive and avoid filling up before you camp evernight.
Need Help? - If you have any questions or would like more information please send us a message using our contact form or alternatively email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Campervan hire prices
Rates include motor insurance and 24 hour roadside assistance.
We will give you a quick response to confirm your dates are available.
Complete your booking
Complete your reservation online using our easy to follow booking process.
Specification & Features
Purpose built for touring holidays Minty has everything you need.
We include a lot of additional extras to tick all the boxes.
This is the grown up stuff that you need to pay attention to.