Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by our insurers for the driver(s) named on the rental agreement (provided all the personal informed supplied is correct). Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the vehicle.
It shall be a condition of hire that these Terms of Insurance have been read, understood and accepted in their entirety.
Insurance for one driver is included in the rental price with the option of additional drivers being added. It is very important that you provide accurate drivers’ details and relevant infomation and you must keep us informed of any changes to drivers’ details and/or circumstances. For a list of insurance exclusions please refer to section 9 of the Terms & Conditions.
You are advised to take out your own Travel Insurance cover
The vehicle is insured for damage to the vehicle and the property of a third party but does not include any personal insurance for the customer including death or bodily injury to the driver/passengers nor does it cover any personal possessions.
Insurance cover does not apply unless each driver meets the following requirements:
- Driver(s) must hold a full valid UK or EU driving licence for at least 24 months that entitles them to drive a UK category B vehicle.
- Driver must be aged 23-70 years old.
- Must have not been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed.
- Has not been refused motor insurance at normal rates and terms or has not been declined insurance or had any insurance policy cancelled by an Insurer.
- Must not have been involved in more than one accident or claim during the past 3 years.
- Is not engaged in professional gambling, sport or entertainment, hawking or general dealing, street or market trading, or modelling. Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort. Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full UK/EU licence for two years or more.
- Driver must be in Good Health.
- Has referred any medical condition requiring Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) notification and authorisation has been granted by the DVLA.
"Good Health" means that you have no mental or physical disabilities which would interfere with your ability to drive, for example stroke; deafness; heart condition; diabetes; loss of limb; loss of sight in an eye; epilepsy.
In addition, you must not be taking drugs likely to affect your driving or drugs prescribed by a registered medical practitioner for treatment of drug addiction.
For a list of insurance exclusions please refer to the Terms & Conditions.
We reserve the right to refuse the hire of the vehicle to any driver we see fit without explanation.
Documents Required for Insurance Purposes
We require the following documents a minimum of 14 days prior to departure. It is your responsibility to ensure these documents are available, if you are unable to provide these documents, we may not be able to obtain the insurance approval in time and your booking may be delayed or cancelled with loss of deposit.
- Driver(s) must provide a scanned copy of both sides of their driving licence
- Driver(s) must provide a driving licence summary from the DVLA website - Licence summary obtainable from https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- Driver(s) must provide two forms of identification which must be from the following - utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement, mortgage statement or council tax bill that matches the driving license address and is dated within the three months of the hire commencement.
Need Help? - If you have any questions or would like more information please send us a message using our contact form or alternatively email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Campervan hire prices
Rates include motor insurance and 24 hour roadside assistance.
We will give you a quick response to confirm your dates are available.
Complete your booking
Complete your reservation online using our easy to follow booking process.
Specification & Features
Purpose built for touring holidays Minty has everything you need.
We include a lot of additional extras to tick all the boxes.
This is the grown up stuff that you need to pay attention to.